1. Welcome to Weapon Launcher!
We may change these terms from time to time. If we do, we’ll let you know about any material changes, either by notifying you on the Site or by sending you an email. New versions of the terms will never apply retroactively — we’ll tell you the exact date they go into effect. If you keep using Weapon Launcher after a change, that means you accept the new terms.
Weapon Launcher is for your personal, non-commercial use, except as explained in section 3 and section 4 below.
2. Creating an Account
Weapon Launcher can be browsed without registering for an account. But you must register an account to create a project campaign or to become a project backer. Use of WeaponLauncher.com is completely voluntary and you have no rights (other than privacy) or ownership of your account and it may be canceled without notice or reason. Your account information must be accurate and true. You cannot impersonate or represent anyone else or choose names that are offensive. If you don’t follow these rules, we will cancel your account. To sign up for an account, you must be at least 18 years of age or older. You’re responsible for all the activity on your account, and for keeping your password confidential. You must report any breaches or unauthorized activity on your account to weaponlauncher.com by using the contact us page.
You are responsible for obeying all applicable enforcement mechanisms, including, but not limited to federal, state, municipal, and tribal statutes, rules, regulations, ordinances, and judicial decisions, any applicable Presidential Executive Orders, including compliance with all applicable licensing requirements. You will not use WeaponLauncher.com for any illegal purpose. You understand if you create any project or offer rewards that are illegal per the ATF guidelines will be reported to the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosive.
If you violate these terms, Weapon Launcher may permanently remove you from the site or, depending on the nature and severity of the violation, avail itself of such remedies as are prescribed by law. While Weapon Launcher believes in and stands for “the right of the people to keep and bear Arms,” Weapon Launcher will comply with federal, state, municipal, and tribal law enforcement entities pursuant to the Constitution of the United States and Due Process of Law.
Deleting your account:
You can terminate your account at any time. All provisions of this agreement survive termination of an account, including our rights regarding any content you’ve already submitted to the Site.
3. How Campaigns Work.
Weapon Launcher is a crowd funding platform for new ideas and innovations. In a nutshell a creator posts a project on Weapon Launcher to be judged by the project backers. If the backers like the project then they will help fund it. By backing a project they’re forming a contract with the creator. The creator will fulfill the reward promise if the project is funded successfully.
Weapon Launcher is not a part of this contract, the contract is a direct legal agreement between creators and their backers. The creator is solely responsible for fulfilling the promises made in their project. If they’re unable to satisfy the terms of this agreement, they may be subject to legal action by backers.
4. How Funding Works
Weapon Launcher is an online crowd funding venue and DOES NOT evaluate a project’s claims, resolve disputes, or offer refunds. Backers decide what’s worth funding and what’s not.
- As a backer it is my responsibility to research any project before I back it, and I am deciding to trust the creator to do a good job and fulfill their offered rewards.
- Weapon Launcher and its payment partners may authorize or reserve a charge on your credit card (or whatever payment method you use) for any amount up to the full pledge, at any time between the pledge and the collection of funds.
- You can increase, decrease, or cancel your pledge at any time during the campaign, with one exception. During the last 24 hours of the campaign, you can’t decrease or cancel your pledge without contacting customer support first, if that action would drop the project below its funding goal. Once the project has been funded, you can only cancel or change your pledge by making special arrangements directly with the creator.
- The date listed on each reward is the creator’s estimate of when they will provide the reward and is not a guarantee to fulfill by that date. The schedule may change as the creator works on the project. Creators are encouraged to set a date they feel confident they can work toward, and communicate with backers about any changes.
- The creator will need some information from you, such as mailing address or t-shirt size. This information will be requested after the campaign has succeeded. You’ll need to provide the required information in a reasonable amount of time in order to receive your rewards.
- Responsibility for finishing a project lies entirely with the project creator. Weapon Launcher doesn’t hold funds on creators’ behalf, cannot guarantee creators’ work, and does not offer refunds.
- After your project has been funded, you can cancel and refund a backer’s pledge at any time. If you do, you have no further obligation to that specific backer, and no agreement exists between you.
- Weapon Launcher and its payment partners will subtract fees before transmitting the proceeds of a campaign.
- We can’t guarantee that the amount of funding you receive will be exactly equal to the full amount pledged minus fees. This may be due to some funds not being collected because of inaccurate or expired credit card information.
- If a backer of your project disputes the charge with their card issuer, we’ll handle re-presenting the charge to settle the dispute with the card issuer. You’ll be notified that a dispute has been filed, and you’ll be able to provide evidence to help us resolve it in your favor. If the cardholder’s dispute is found valid, you authorize us to charge the credit card number you provided when you started your project for the amount of the chargeback.
- Shipping of any and all firearms that rely on gunpowder or controlled explosions to fire a projectile must be sent to a FFL dealer for backer reward completion.
- All projects are subject to authorization before you can launch for funding. Don’t take any actions in reliance on collecting any of the money pledged until you actually have the ability to withdraw it from your account and spend it.
- Funding will not be released if a project is deemed inappropriate per our guidelines.
5. We’re not liable for…
Weapon Launcher isn’t liable for any damages or losses related to your use of the Services. We don’t become involved in disputes between users, or between users and any third party relating to the use of the Services. We don’t oversee the performance or punctuality of projects, and we don’t endorse any content users submit to the Site. When you use the Services, you release Weapon Launcher from claims, damages, and demands of every kind — known or unknown, suspected or unsuspected, disclosed or undisclosed — arising out of or in any way related to such disputes and the Services. All content you access through the Services is at your own risk. You’re solely responsible for any resulting damage or loss to any party.
You take full responsibility for your actions whilst using WeaponLauncher.com. You also take responsibility for any and all of your actions related to, or resulting from, your use of WeaponLauncher.com. Further, you are solely responsible for any and all consequences of your actions. You indemnify and hold harmless Weapon Launcher and all of its owners, directors, officers, employees, and agents for any and all loss, harm, damage, costs, liability, and expense caused to them, whether intentionally or unintentionally, by your use of weaponlauncher.com, including but not limited to direct or indirect results of violations of any and all applicable laws.
6. What’s not allowed?
- Don’t take any action that infringes or violates other people’s rights, violates the law, or breaches any contract or legal duty you have toward anyone.
- Don’t post information you know is false, misleading, or inaccurate. Don’t do anything deceptive or fraudulent. This will lead to cancellation of your account.
- Don’t offer any rewards that are illegal, violate any of Weapon Launcher’s policies, rules, or guidelines, or violate any applicable law, statute, ordinance, or regulation.
- Don’t do anything threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, libelous, tortious, obscene, profane, or invasive of another person’s privacy.
- Don’t distribute unsolicited or unauthorized advertising or promotional material, or any junk mail, spam, or chain letters. Don’t run mail lists, listservs, or any kind of auto-responder or spam on or through the Site.
- Don’t distribute software viruses, or anything else (code, films, programs) designed to interfere with the proper function of any software, hardware, or equipment on the Site (whether it belongs to Weapon Launcher or another party).
- You may receive information about other users, including things like their names, email addresses, and postal addresses if your project is successful. This information is provided for the purpose of participating in a Weapon Launcher project: don’t use it for other purposes.
- Don’t try to interfere with the proper workings of the Services.
- Don’t bypass any measures we’ve put in place to secure the Services.
- Don’t try to damage or get unauthorized access to any system, data, password, or other information, whether it belongs to Weapon Launcher or another party.
- Don’t take any action that imposes an unreasonable load on our infrastructure, or on our third-party providers. (We reserve the right to determine what’s reasonable.)
- Don’t use any kind of software or device (whether it’s manual or automated) to “crawl” or “spider” any part of the Site.
- Don’t take apart or reverse engineer any aspect of Weapon Launcher in an effort to access things like source code, underlying ideas, or algorithms.
7. Our Fees
Creating an account on Weapon Launcher is free. If you create a project that is successfully funded, we (and our payment partners) collect fees. Our partners’ fees may vary slightly based on your location. Weapon Launcher collects a 5% fee from all successful campaigns.
We will not collect any fees without giving you a chance to review and accept them. If our fees ever change, we’ll announce that on our Site. Some funds pledged by backers are collected by payment providers. Each payment provider is its own company, and Weapon Launcher isn’t responsible for its performance.
You’re responsible for paying any additional fees or taxes associated with your use of Weapon Launcher.
8. Other Websites
Weapon Launcher may contain links to other websites. (project pages, user profiles, and comments may link to other sites.) When you access third-party websites, you do so at your own risk. We do not control or endorse those sites.
Weapon Launcher partners with other companies (such as Stripe) for payment processing. When you back or create a project, you’re also agreeing to the payment processor’s terms of service.
9. Your Intellectual Property
Weapon Launcher doesn’t own content you submit to us (your “Content”). But we do need certain licenses from you in order to perform our Services. You agree to these terms when you create, submit for review and launch a project:
- Weapon Launcher doesn’t own content you submit to us (your “Content”). But we do need certain licenses from you in order to perform our Services. When you submit a project for review, or launch a project, you agree to these terms:
- You grant to us, and others acting on our behalf, the worldwide, non-exclusive, perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, sub-licensable, transferable right to use, exercise, commercialize, and exploit the copyright, publicity, trademark, and database rights with respect to your Content.\
- You grant us the right to edit, modify, reformat, excerpt, delete, or translate any of your Content.
- Your Content will not contain third-party copyrighted material, or material that is subject to other third-party proprietary rights, unless you have permission from the rightful owner of the material, or you are otherwise legally entitled to post the material (and to grant Weapon Launcher all the license rights outlined here).
- You will pay all royalties and other amounts owed to any person or entity based on your Content, or on Weapon Launcher’s hosting of that Content.
- If Weapon Launcher or its users exploit or make use of your submission in the ways contemplated in this agreement, you promise that this will not infringe or violate the rights of any third party, including (without limitation) any privacy rights, publicity rights, copyrights, contract rights, or any other intellectual property or proprietary rights.
- All information submitted to the Site, whether publicly posted or privately transmitted, is the sole responsibility of the person from whom that content originated.
- Weapon Launcher will not be liable for any errors or omissions in any content.
10. Weapon Launcher’s Intellectual Property
Weapon Launcher’s Services are legally protected in various ways, including copyrights, trademarks, service marks, patents, trade secrets, and other rights and laws. You agree to respect all copyright and other legal notices, information, and restrictions contained in any content accessed through the Site. You also agree not to change, translate, or otherwise create derivative works of the Service.
Weapon Launcher grants you a license to reproduce content from the Services for personal use only. This license covers both Weapon Launcher’s own protected content and user-generated content on the Site. (This license is worldwide, non-exclusive, non-sublicensable, and non-transferable.) If you want to use, reproduce, modify, distribute, or store any of this content for a commercial purpose, you need prior written permission from Weapon Launcher or the relevant copyright holder. A “commercial purpose” means you intend to use, sell, license, rent, or otherwise exploit content for commercial use, in any way.
11. Our Rights
Weapon Launcher reserves these rights:
- We can make changes to the Weapon Launcher Site and Services without notice or liability.
- We have the right to decide who’s eligible to use Weapon Launcher. We can cancel accounts or decline to offer our Services. We can change our eligibility criteria at any time. If these things are prohibited by law where you live, then we revoke your right to use Weapon Launcher in that jurisdiction.
- We have the right to cancel any pledge to any project, at any time and for any reason.
- We have the right to reject, cancel, interrupt, remove, or suspend any project at any time and for any reason.
- Weapon Launcher is not liable for any damages as a result of any of these actions, and it is our policy not to comment on the reasons for any such action.
12. Warranty Disclaimer
You use our Services solely at your own risk. They are provided to you “as is” and “as available” and without warranty of any kind, express or implied.
WEAPON LAUNCHER SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY, NON-INFRINGEMENT, AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND ANY WARRANTIES IMPLIED BY ANY COURSE OF DEALING, COURSE OF PERFORMANCE, OR USAGE OF TRADE. NO ADVICE OR INFORMATION (ORAL OR WRITTEN) OBTAINED BY YOU FROM WEAPON LAUNCHER SHALL CREATE ANY WARRANTY.
If you do something that gets us sued, or break any of the promises you make in this agreement, you agree to defend, indemnify, and hold us harmless from all liabilities, claims, and expenses (including reasonable attorneys’ fees and other legal costs) that arise from or relate to your use or misuse of Weapon Launcher. We reserve the right to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter otherwise subject to this indemnification clause, in which case you agree that you’ll cooperate and help us in asserting any defenses.
14. Limitation of Liability
To the fullest extent permitted by law, in no event will Weapon Launcher, its directors, employees, partners, suppliers, or content providers be liable for any indirect, incidental, punitive, consequential, special, or exemplary damages of any kind, including but not limited to damages (i) resulting from your access to, use of, or inability to access or use the Services; (ii) for any lost profits, data loss, or cost of procurement or substitute goods or services; or (iii) for any conduct of content of any third party on the Site. In no event shall Weapon Launcher’s liability for direct damages be in excess of (in the aggregate) one hundred U.S. dollars ($100.00).
15. Dispute Resolution and Governing Law
We at Weapon Launcher encourage you to contact us if you’re having an issue, before resorting to the courts. In the unfortunate situation where legal action does arise, these Terms (and all other rules, policies, or guidelines incorporated by reference) will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Florida and the United States, without giving effect to any principles of conflicts of law, and without application of the Uniform Computer Information Transaction Act or the United Nations Convention of Controls for International Sale of Goods. You agree that Weapon Launcher and its Services are deemed a passive website that does not give rise to jurisdiction over Weapon Launcher or its parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, assigns, employees, agents, directors, officers, or shareholders, either specific or general, in any jurisdiction other than the State of Florida. You agree that any action at law or in equity arising out of or relating to these Terms, or your use or non-use of Weapon Launcher, shall be filed only in the state or federal courts located in Clay County in the State of Florida, and you hereby consent and submit to the personal jurisdiction of these courts for the purposes of litigating any such action. You hereby irrevocably waive any right you may have to trial by jury in any dispute, action, or proceeding.
These Terms and the other material referenced in them are the entire agreement between you and Weapon Launcher with respect to the Services. They supersede all other communications and proposals (whether oral, written, or electronic) between you and Weapon Launcher with respect to the Services and govern our future relationship. If any provision of these Terms is found to be invalid under the law, that provision will be limited or eliminated to the minimum extent necessary so that the Terms otherwise will remain in full force and effect and enforceable. The failure of either you or Weapon Launcher to exercise any right provided for in these Terms in any way won’t be deemed a waiver of any other rights.
These Terms are personal to you. You can’t assign them, transfer them, or sublicense them unless you get Weapon Launcher’s prior written consent. Weapon Launcher has the right to assign, transfer, or delegate any of its rights and obligations under these Terms without your consent. Weapon Launcher will provide you notice via email, written notice, or by conspicuously posting the notice on our Site.